How do you find “the one”? We’re not talking about love here, we’re talking about credit cards. In a recent post, we celebrated the many benefits of plastic, from security to convenience. Now that you know how great they are, we want to help you find the one that’s right for you. In a world where there are so many credit card options, here’s how to find your perfect fit in three simple steps:
Select Your Credit Card Rewards
Most credit cards come with perks, which is one of the many great reasons to use them in your daily transactions. Because there are so many cards out there, we suggest narrowing down the field by first deciding which rewards suit you best.
- If you are a frequent traveler, a card that allows you to accumulate air miles or hotel stays may be the way to go.
- Another option is to choose a card through which you can build up “points” that you can then redeem for specific rewards, such as gift cards or merchandise.
- In our opinion, cards that provide cash back are usually the most beneficial, because they offer you limitless options. You are basically getting paid every time you use your card, and can spend that money any way you want. Not a bad deal.
Evaluate the Rates and Fees on the Credit Card
Once you know which rewards are right for you, it’s time to start comparing the rates. Most credit cards will have two types of fees, APR (annual percentage rate) and an annual card fee.
- APR is the interest rate. If you have an unpaid balance left on your card at the end of the month, you will pay a fee determined by your APR. If you foresee yourself with an ongoing credit balance, you will want to find a card with a relatively low APR.
- An annual fee is exactly what it sounds like…. a price you pay each year for using the card. Just like with APR, you will want to shop around to find a card with a low annual fee. At CHROME, our cards have no annual fee.
Find the Banking Experience that Works for You
Every credit card company is different when it comes to the services they provide. Be certain that you are getting the most out of your credit card by going with a creditor who makes finances as simple as possible for you. Here are a few of our musts:
- Online access is the key here. Make sure that you can check your account activity throughout the month from your computer or mobile device. You don’t want to have to wait for a monthly billing statement to arrive in the mail to find out how much you’ve spent.
- Mobile payments are secure and convenient. Since you’re never providing your card number to the merchant, there’s less chance of a data breach. Plus, way less clutter!
- Fraud security. One of the many great reasons to use a credit card in the first place is so that you can easily keep track of all of your transactions and make sure there are no fraudulent charges. Make sure you pick a company that will guarantee to cover any bogus charges.
So there you have it: the formula that will lead you to “the one.” Follow these three steps and you will soon be on your way to a happily ever after with your credit card. We wish it was always this simple. Happy hunting!